Friday 13 September 2013

What is ruining your day?


Have you just been 'taxed' by LASMA, VIO, FRSC, or the ever friendly Police?
Is NEPA driving you up the wall? Has your mobile provider just stolen your credit, cut you off mid sentence, or is your internet slower than a refund? 
What about the news that you have to cough up a small fortune for new number plates this October? Or take a driving test when you renew your license?
Here is you opportunity to vent your spleen, get it off your chest, say what you think, long and loud and to the point.
Who can say, maybe if enough of us say what is boiling our blood we an get something to change!

3 comments:

  1. O lord! the stories are endless! A Lasma official once stopped me for jumping a red light even though the said red light wasn't working at the time and traffic was being controlled by the ever faithful hand signal! Worse off, he insisted i wasn't wearing my seat belt! How ridiculous is that please! i explained that i had been waved on, he didnt want to know. i showed him that i was even following a car ahead of me, who he didn't stop. he didn't care. he threatened me with taking my car to 'the office' but guess what? when i put my hand in my pocket and produced a little (not so little)cash, all my non existent problems faded away. i am fed up with this extortion, this blatant abuse of power. but what can we do about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had the money I have 'donated' to various authorities in my bank account I would be driving a better car, wearing designer clothes and sleeping a lot better!
    Sitting in traffic one time I counted the cars queuing to pass the checkpoint and figured out that at just N10 a car these guys were making a minimum of N50,000 AN HOUR! I have been told that they have to share the ill gotten wealth with their superior officers but Buggeritt, that raises my blood pressure!
    What can you do about it? A little video from your mobile phone taken on the sly goes a long way on Youtube goes a long way. Ask the Lasma woman who got fired for taking money!
    But be careful not to get caught!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Europe, UK and US they have a little thing called accountability. I think if a few people brave enough and prepared enough to film undercover would make a huge difference. Before long a few dismissals would give these bandits a reason to think twice.
      But I agree. Be careful.

      Delete